- Related Products
Car Care - Detailing Clay
Tree sap, over spray and industrial fallout are just a few of the contaminants that bond to your paint’s finish, making it ‘gritty’ or 'rough' to the touch & leaving a surface that is far from smooth. The Wo-Wo clay bar will quickly and safely restore a smooth-as-glass finish.
The Wo-Wo Car Clay Bar can be used to cleanly remove contaminants from vehicle surfaces without the need for specialist polishing equipment. Use Wo-Wo Clay products with a clay lubricant or simply with clean water. We recommend keeping the clay and the car surface lubricated at all times in use.
The Wo-Wo clay bar can be used with water or a clay lubricant.
Metal carry case for safe storage
100g Medium Detailing Clay Bar
Size: 8cm x 4.5cm x 2cm Approx.
- How to Guide
What you will need
- A clay bar – We use the wo-wo detailing clay
- Some lubrication – We suggest using our quick detailer Smooth Velvet diluted 3:1 with water
Follow these steps whilst using your clay bar:
- Wash and dry your vehicle ensuring that you have carried out a full decontamination wash.
- Open up your wo-wo clay bar and remove it from the protective film, break off a manageable piece of clay bar (1inch squared should be ample) and work it in your hands until pliable, now flatten this into a disc shape. Ensure to replace the lid of the wo-wo clay bar back on firmly and do not let the clay come into contact with any dirty surfaces.
- Dilute smooth Velvet at a rate of 3:1 with water and apply a liberal amount of lubricant to a small area. We suggest working in areas no bigger than 1ft x 1ft.
- Now apply the clay bar to the pre-lubricated surface and move the clay from one edge of your work area to the other in straight lines, do not apply any pressure, it is important to allow the clay bar to do the work. You should also be working slowly and keeping an eye out for anything that could cause damage whilst using the clay bar. You should gradually feel the clay bar become easier to move as the surface becomes smoother. Apply more lubrication at any time desired and do not let the surface dry out.
- Once you have treated a single area and carried out 4-8 passes fold the clay bar in half, contaminated sides inwards to reveal two additional clean working surfaces of the clay bar. Wipe the old lubrication off with a plush microfibre cloth and re-apply fresh lubricant.
- Flatten out the clay bar to a thin disc shape once more and move on to the next area repeating steps 4 & 5 until the entire vehicle has been treated. Remember to apply lubrication often and to fold the clay after every 4-8 passes and if the entire clay bar looks to become overly dirty discard it and use a new piece.
Notes: If you drop the clay bar on the floor, under no circumstances should this be used again, discard the dirty clay bar and grab a new piece starting at step 2.
Avoid letting the lubricant dry out, use as much lubricant as needed to keep the surface damp at all times and wipe away the residue once every pass is finished.
Remember you should be using very little, if any pressure. The clay bar will do all the work.
We suggest working from the top of the vehicle down.
- Additional Information
Product Subheading Wo-Wo Clay Bar 100g